The Deputy Special is a Revolver-Type weapon. It carries 5 rounds in each clip and can be purchased at the Watch Precinct.
The weapon costs 800 E-cash. It loads five shells per reload, and fires semi-automatically. It is popular not only among The Watch and detectives, but also some syndicates. It can be concealed fairly easily due to its small size and handgun classification.
This is usually not termed as an illegal weapon.
- The weapon seems to be chambered in either .357 Magnum or .44 Magnum, both products of Smith & Wesson arms. There is evidence for both sides in this debate.
- The revolver's model seems to be based off of the Colt Python. In addition, the words "Python .357" can be found printed on the side of the barrel.
- However, the firing sound and the fact that only five bullets fit in the cylinder suggests that the weapon is in fact a S&W Model 620 Revolver. The firing sound also seems more consistent with .44 Magnum, as does the shell size.
- The weapon's model has a six-shot cylinder, but only five shots are chambered at any given time. This is likely a developer oversight.
- The weapon shares the same animations as the Deal Breaker, the other revolver in the game.
- However, the two have different reload sounds and different firing sounds.
- The bullets are made of the same shiny metal all across their models. This is either an oversight or a suggestion that the rounds are in fact FMJ (Full Metal Jacket) rounds.
- The rounds also have a red slit across the bullet end. This is either a signifier of a type of round, in which case they would be .44 Magnum rounds, or an oversight.
- The weapon has a chance to glitch into a "Down" pose where the player holds it above their head, barrel facing up, instead of in the normal "Down" pose.