The riot shield is an item used by most Watch officers. It is normally used in riots, since it's called the "riot shield", or sometimes in Riot teams in CQB according to the in-game description and context clues. In roleplay usage it's recommended to deploy it in raids. especially for the point man (in other words the first man in). In roleplay, it can also be used to block shrapnel and some small-arms fire.
Additional Details & Pictures
- The riot shield is composed of a translucent orange reflective material and has a grey border that is made of metal.
- The personal estimate for the creator of this page for the ballistic rating is at least an III-A protection rating which can stand up to 2 5.56 millimeter rounds when not in point-blank range.
- At point-blank range, the III-A ballistic rating can easily stand up to most handgun rounds, which all weapons in the game (apart from the sawn-off, sleeper and Dealbreaker] use, making it convenient for the officers.
- The riot shield has no handle on the model. This is likely an oversight.
- The city always reflects off the shield, due to ROBLOX's reflectance property.
Exhibit A : A Riot shield close up being help by a WATCH officer.Exhibit B : The exact in-game description with the price tag.